
I'm half way through this book and now it's safe to say I think "The Looking Glass Wars" has run its course with me...I'm ready to move on to something else. I hate to leave anything unfinished though so I will finish it. Hopefully today. It's not that it's bad...it's ok...I've liked parts of it...I just can't take much more of the sound effects. Kerboosh! what the heck is that? If the first book didn't have enough I think this second book is saturated. Or actually maybe it's just like when you buy a new red car, all of a sudden you notice all the other red cars. Clunk! Clung! Clang! Fthap!
Did finish it and to be honest the last third was pretty good, enjoyable, light reading.
Isn't the artwork fantastic though? But I'm confused... Credits say:
Cover Design: Christian Funfhausen (this guy just said..."put the title here, center the logo, put red in the middle right?)
Cover Art: Vance Kovacs (is this the guy that actually painted the great portrait of Redd?)
Logo Design: Christina Craemer (she designed the logo with the diamonds and clubs right?)
and they copyright goes to......
BAH HA HA HA, kaboosh. While I am a huge fan of sound effects in, say, old batman episodes, I can't say I'd take to them to well in a novel.
ReplyDelete