I've read a lot of reviews saying this book reminded people of "The Poisonwood Bible" but for me it felt and reminded me of "Gone With the Wind" in an African setting. Spread of three generations from the 1920's to the early 60's. Beginning with the settlement of a British family in Kenya. Mix in a medicine woman, lots of tragedies, the Kenya landscape is a character in itself and a bit of history to boot. The Mau Mau uprising really caught my attention. Great characters too! When I say great characters I mean they come with their flaws fully intact! Its a long story but with something always happening it keeps you going. Now I'm looking to a quick read. I do this usually after a long epic story. I picked up "The Looking Glass Wars" and I'm only on page 104 and I've already gone and picked up the next book in the series "Seeing Redd" so you know it's probably going to be a good review!
notice
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment