So far I'm loving this cookbook. Even if you have a library of cookbooks add this one to it. Everything I have made so far has been delicious. The Portobello Mushroom Benedict, Quiche and Turkey Mini Meatloaves are favorites! I'm just a home cook too - no professional classes here - so they are quite easy to accomplish. I have to admit my Mushroom Benedict doesn't look as great as their photo in the book but heck it still tasted great! The photography in the book is beautiful! I can't imagine buying a cookbook without color photos! There is an excellent Calorie Swap Chart and its not recommending you swap a bar of Chocolate for a piece of celery but rather a Chocolate/Cranberry Biscotti they give you the recipe for. Or instead of French Fries see their recipe for Sweet Potato Fries. Instead of a Mojito a Seabreeze. I can do that. Realistic right?
Also includes things to keep in your pantry guide which will come in handy at the grocery store when I walk around in circles, clueless with so many choices. Calories burned activity chart and calorie count chart. Not that you haven't seen this before but I like its all included in the book, in one place, with did I mention some fantastic recipes with the servings/calories listed. I haven't made one recipe yet that tasted like diet food or that I would not make again and for friends and family.
If I don't drop a dress size like they say it won't be their fault!
notice
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment