Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tales of a Female Nomad


If you have ever wanted to chuck it all and just take off with a back pack this would be a great book to read before making the decision to go. If your not brave enough to do it you can live through the author Rita Golden Gelman's words. Descriptive and well written without being preachy. What I really liked about her writing was her honesty about herself and mistakes or rather missed steps along the way. She describes going into other cultures as an observer, not a judge, or with intentions of changing anything about them. This book successfully does the same. Presents the situations as she sees them. Loved the chapter that starts off with her getting into shape, visualizing her lean new body and then "oh no, sorry didn't do any of that". Working out that is! You mean I'm not the only one that does that and doesn't follow through! If you do decide to take off remember I think Rita is blessed and very lucky in the friendships she made along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment