Sunday, September 6, 2009

God, Guns and Rock-n-Roll, Ted Nugent

I wish I could have a sense of humor about these types of books but there is always going to be the left and the right and when both sides have spokes persons who take their arguments to the extreme no wonder nothing gets accomplished. I actually wanted to throw this book out the window (unfortunately someone lent it to me) and not because I'm anti-gun or liberal. My real disgust came with his remark that "Joe Perry came out for an afternoon ballistic celebration as we successfully made up for our failure to be a part of WWII or other official global shootouts". Really? He's not trying to put himself in the same category as those man and woman who have defended our freedom is he? With an afternoon of target practice? His good points on family and learning to use guns correctly and our right to bare arms gets lost long lists of ammo and his repeated statement of "what do I know I'm just a guitar player?" He calls victims of tragic crimes "whimps" for not fighting back... did he miss out on the basic principles of humanity - to protect those who can't help themselves. Compassion? Thank God not everyone in the world is like you Ted. Don't waste your time reading this it's nothing you haven't heard before and what you haven't heard is just Ted bragging which may have had more weight if he didn't dodge the draft. Its got nothing to do with God or Rock-n-Roll mostly its just a long list of weaponry, ammo and name dropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment